Friday, January 28, 2011

Hot Bacon Cheese Spread

It's getting to be that time... Superbowl is almost here, and like many people, one of my favorite things about the game is the food. Actually, I sometimes think I like preparing the food better than eating it... Okay, wrong. That's not really true. I like both activities equally!

I was just over at Dana-Made-It.com. You can check it out by clicking this link:





It is one of the blogs that my daughter Sas loves.

* * * * *
My daughter is 20 years old and is really really into crafting and decorating.
It was very flattering when she called me from college two days ago and told me she followed the directions for the Oreo Cookie Bites (found HERE) that I made the other day. She made them in HER DORM ROOM!

* * * * *

Anyway, a few days ago, Dana from Dana-Made-It.com posted a YUMMY looking recipe for Potato Broccoli Soup. Here is a picture directly from her blog, and if you click on it you will go right to the recipe:


I am definitely going to make this soup next weekend. Her comment that her husband isn't interested in soup unless you ADD BACON is exactly what happens here at our house.

Seeing this also made me think of one of my hubster's favorite recipes - he'll be thrilled if I add it to our buffet for the big game. Here it is:

Hot Bacon Cheese Spread

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise*
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 garlic clove, minced

This is very simple. You just throw everything together, and place it in an oven safe bowl and heat it in a preheated 350 degree oven until melted and heated all the way through. I have seen people put it in a bread bowl and it is delicious that way, but when I did that one time, the cheese mixture soaked into the bread and I feel that you can get more spread and better flavor by heating and serving it separately. Btw, plain tortilla chips are also great with this dip.

Enjoy!



P.S. I'm so glad my daughter introduced me to Dana's blog - she's got tons of great sewing projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!