Friday, October 7, 2011

Shrimpy blogger

In my last post I referenced other things that have been keeping me busy.  
I didn't tell all of them, though.  
It wasn't my kids (this photo is 2 of my 4 babies)...

Who start out small...

I DO have a wicked addiction.  
It is blogging!  Not to mention tweeting, but that's another story.

I love KitchenFunk, but the blog I have started that is nearest and dearest to my heart, though, is called... ~Creating Expectations~ 

Creating Expections will hopefully be a place parents can go to get tips on helping their children through school.

If even one parent reads it and gets inspired to work with their child and their child's school, then I will be thrilled.  So far it is a fledgling site, but I try to post on it or "Press" on it a few times a week.  Pressing is the term wordpress uses when you find an article you like on another site, and link it to your own.  This way you still give the original writer/blog their credit, but people can find it on your blog, giving you a post.

I hope to someday have other parents contribute to the site, adding their tips and views on working with their children and their schools.  Raising a child is hard enough without the added concern that they are falling short intellectually.  And for those parents who aren't aware that their child is not able to learn or is not learning what he needs to succeed, their are immense problems.  With the media's influence strengthening and parental focus straying, students today are at risk more than ever to lose their way.

Through Creating Expectations I hope to help parents understand that they MUST have a vision for their children's success, and that by keeping that vision in the forefront of their minds, they can guide their children to the future they desire...

And eventually grow up!

Oh, and if you are wondering why I called this post "Shrimpy blogger"?  No, I don't have a great new recipe.  It was Stouffer's Saute's for Two Cajun-Style shrimp Alfredo.  It was just the two of us eating tonight and it was GOOD (and it meant we didn't have to work - into the microwave it went...).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!