Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank You Tokens


In less than one month my work is hosting our city's Arts Gala.

It will be held at the local science and arts center,
and the students at
the school of the arts

will be performing and showcasing their work (song, dance, film, theater, visual art, and writing). This is an outstanding event that only costs $12 to attend. However, prior to the event we host an arts auction for a minimum attendance cost of $100, and all the money from the auction and the sponsors goes to the school.

So today I had to stuff and label
TWENTY-FOUR HUNDRED ENVELOPES.


Yes, 2,400.


And because our copier wasn't cooperating,
I had to stick to and from labels on all of them!

Because of this, several of my co-workers rallied around me and helped me get this done, so that tomorrow EVERY SINGLE envelope will be in the mail!
Can you believe it? How wonderful is this?


In order to thank them, tonight I made little gift bags full of jelly beans. This JELLY BEAN theme would not have even entered my mind if I hadn't seen someone on a blog do a Thank You with jelly beans in a jar last night.


SADLY, I cannot remember which blog it was, and I didn't save it because I didn't think I would ever use it. While I am not doing the showcased craft, I AM using some of her theme ("thank you for bean..."). So if anyone reading this knows who it is, please post it here so I can give her credit!

But I love how these came out. I only wanted something small, and these candy bags were perfect. I filled them with jelly beans, held the top closed, and then stapled the scrapbook paper over the top. Then I printed out the words, cut them out,
and glued them over the staple.

So simple!

I hope you get the chance to be creative today!


...from Lori @ Kitchenfunk


Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. I like the pun! The jellybeans are making me a little hungry, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was cute, too. Of course, I couldn't help eating the rest of the bag when I was done making these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little saying! I'm a fan of all jelly beans, Easter candy kills me, it's too yummy!

    http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!