Friday, July 15, 2011

More quilt patterns!

Okay, now that I've gotten serious about choosing a quilt pattern, I have found there are just soooo many choices!  

In describing one pattern that I liked, I used the words "triangles with squares."  That didn't really make any sense.  But while I didn't find the exact quilt that I had spotted, I did discover what pattern I was referring to:


It is called a "Value Quilt"  - those of you who quilt probably know this!  
This quilt above is done with such vibrant colors.  

And the Value Quilt below was done with striking patterns.  I LOVE it!


And finally, here is another quilt that I was considering.  

While not for my first quilt, it will go somewhere on the list for the future.  It looks like a scrap quilt made of  children's building blocks.  I love how every grouping is surrounded by those bright colors.



I think I have decided on 
the Value Quilt for my first one.

Wish me luck.  And don't expect it anytime soon, 
but I will post pictures as it evolves!

I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

2 comments:

  1. What marvelous color and beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please credit my photo/quilt to me if you are going to use it on your blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!