Saturday, May 21, 2011

Aht Chik

My husband surprised me with this new plate for my van!! 

The wording is a play on my New England accent (that's where I grew up), though one of my daughters said she thought it looked like "A HOT Chick"!!  SO Funny and a bit embarrassing if others think that!!

But I LOVE it!!  If you didn't know, we met when I was 18, just before I left for art school.  And all these years later I continue to paint and sculpt, and he's called me that forever.  There is another story involved but I'll save that one, lol...

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have been invisible here lately because I've been both busy AND sick.  My cold is still lingering (this is day 12!!), but happily today I have not one thing going on (except a massive need to clean my house, which I'm attempting). 

One of things I was busy with was accompanying some of the students from our local arts high school on a trip to NYC.  It was a blast!  The students, all seniors, behaved like responsible young adults.  What a blessing!


The Guggenheim had a show of its own collection of the German Expressionists.  It was extensive.  The Visual Art students and I were able to view some works that I hadn't seen in person before.  In addition, I got to see some pieces I have seen on loan elsewhere, but that you can't see too many times as you appreciate the changes the impact of these artists had on modern life...



No one wants to hear a discourse on modern design theory, but I hope you got a kick out of my new license plate!


And while I haven't been able to do the crafting I've been dying to do, I HAVE been planning our son's college graduation party.  More to come on that!  If you know of any links to anyone who has done a nice graduation party, then please paste them!  
I hope you get the chance to be creative today!  

...from Lori@kitchenfunk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!