Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wall Decoration

What do you think about this?


This looks pretty funky, and I might give it a try in the hallway or family room.  Its from the online shop called Trading Phrases.

Something else I am thinking about is this simple modge-podge wall art from Blue Cricket Design:


Honestly, though I love the idea of using vinyl for wall lettering, I would just hand-paint the tree on myself.  The same goes for the birds in the bottom idea, but Blue Cricket Design gives a GREAT suggestion on how to create the bird shapes if you are artistically challenged by paint!

One more thing - I rescued an old pair of closet doors (yes, doors - but shutter style) and I'm not sure what to do with them. Any ideas?

I have been sewing my quilt squares this week (finally!) and I was getting SO excited as I was ironing them this weekend.  I can't believe I'm making a quilt.

I think I'm more excited than I should be - but I can't help it!

And I've also been sewing some other things.  I made some napkins out of some gorgeous fabric as part of a house warming gift for a young woman from our church who just bought her first house.  I will try to post some pictures this week. The few pictures I have aren't great, but I have some leftover fabric and I am thinking about making some more out of the fabric for other gifts.  Okay, maybe also for myself.   The fabric is so pretty!  

I do hope you get the chance to be creative today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!