Monday, September 26, 2011

Peas Make the Vase

During the summer I went a little overkill on my Sally and Goodwill shopping trips.  Here are just a few of the things I brought home:


I purchased this lamp sans shade with the intent to find a shade and put it on my desk at work.  I do NOT need  light, but I thought it would add a certain homey atmosphere to my cubicle (ha ha).  Guess where it ended up?  Hubby's side of the bed - he loved it! Oh, and I paid $5 for the lampshade, which was $1 more than for the lamp! Sorry for the mess, he's a big reader and even though I dusted, the table still looks beat.  Its ready for a remodel but I don't have time!! Maybe I'm shopping too much?

Another trip was done with the intent to find some vases.

I also found the dragon fly to the left of the lamps.  I'm not sure what it is but I liked it. I suspect that it might have once held a glass vase, but I'm not sure.  This haul was also $4.

I wanted to mimic THIS project, but use something like Candy Corn.  Happily, I found the vases.  Sadly, I realized that the amount of Candy Corn needed for this project was going to be highly fragrant - so whether on my desk at work or at home it would cause problems.  First because the animals would eat them, and second because I can only take so much of that sickly sweet Candy Corn scent!

But I used PEAS instead!

And here is how I started the vase project:



Now I just need to decide what I'm going to put in it...  sorry for the bad picture!  
Maybe its just that green is my favorite color, but I think the peas go with EVERYTHING!  

I hope you get the chance to be creative today!



1 comment:

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!