Monday, March 28, 2011

"I Spy" Toy

This is a very simple tutorial
to make a fun toy for elementary school aged children...

Let me apologize in advance for the poor photo quality!

Start with a "View-tainer" - I bought mine at K-mart for less than $3


These containers are made to bounce when they fall, without
losing any of the items inside. However, I didn't want to
take the chance that a small piece would fall out of it.
Even if a child is older, there is always the chance
that a smaller child will pick up any pieces that
might fall out of it.

So I bought duct tape and this adhesive:

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of this next part, but here is what I did...

I first took one end-cap off of the Viewtainer, and covered it with 2 crisscrossed pieces of duct tape. Then I spread the glue around the cylinder, and affixed the lid.


I then filled it with beads, and found objects that were small enough to mix in, but not too small. Most of the beads I used were similar in shape, but I made sure to throw in a heart and a star bead in, and some other shapes.


Next I duct taped and glued the top on, just as I had done with the other end.

Ta-Da!


This is a fun game to take in the car.

I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

...from Lori @ Kitchenfunk

Running with GlitterSumo Sweet Stuff

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I wish I had known about this when my kids were small. Maybe I will make my grandkids a couple when they come this summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea!! I love how quick it was to put together! Thanks so much for linking up to Think Pink Sundays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!