Thursday, March 3, 2011

Muddy, not funky.




You can see I've still been working on my web design!

Today I want to share a story.

Tonight after work I had to schedule my evening so that my kids had rides to their activities, everyone could eat, and my husband could sleep.


When I arrived home, I didn't change my clothes because I was leaving to go out. While my husband was already in his sweats ready for bed, he really wanted to eat with the family. He was too tired to make dinner so I pulled out some items and popped them together and put them in the oven. While doing this I spoke on the phone to my sister-in-law. Hubby pulled a mini-pizza out of the freezer for one of the kids who was leaving early. Once the dinner was in the oven, I told him I wanted to go down to check my email. He then volunteered to drive that child to her event. Great! I checked my email, set the table, and when he returned, the rest of us ate together.

Still dressed from work in my heels and good clothes, I went to the bathroom to freshen up. I freshened up my makeup, my deoderant, and my perfume. I map-quested the location to which I was going.

I was getting all dolled up, heading off to this meeting. I was so careful to use hair spray and not drink any coffee and make sure my clothes were nice.



Well, fast forward to my arrival. I pulled up to the house, got out of the car,

stepped onto the grass, and promptly fell on my FACE!



When I greeted everyone inside the house, I brushed off my pantlegs and their dog stayed by my side sniffing the dirt clods. They asked me how I was and I said I had forgotten how much I loved the spring, and their yard smelled really good.

It smelled like spring!


Maybe the groundhog was right this year.

(but I'm still looking for it!)


I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!