Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Again, with the weight loss problems!

Buttercream Frosting, Homemade Bread, and Peppermint Patties! Oh My!

This week my lovely children cooked up a storm. 

The other night Sarah, our oldest girl, 
and our "adopted" daughter (our good friend) Elyse, made this cake, trying a new recipe for  
Buttercream Frosting.  
It was probably the best cake I've had in a long time...
I don't know the buttercream recipe they used, or I'd include it. 

And on that same night, 
they made Peppermint Patties.  
YES!  Oh my, they were amazing!   (recipe below)

Sarah & Elyse got the recipe from Allrecipes.com.  
Don't they look wonderful?  They were...
  And here is the recipe from Allrecipes:

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons shortening

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and peppermint extract. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, to form a stiff dough that is no longer sticky. Form into 1 inch balls, then place on waxed paper and flatten with fingers to form patties. Let patties dry at room temperature two hours, turning once.
  2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with shortening, stirring often. Remove from heat. Dip patties, one at a time, into chocolate by laying them on the tines of a fork and lowering the fork into the liquid. Let cool on waxed paper until set.
Amount Per Serving  Calories: 183 | Total Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 3mg

 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 Dee wanted so much to bake her own Homemade Bread - sans bread machine - that we had to make a special trip to the store to get some fresh yeast. Here is a photo of a slice of the bread she worked so hard to make.  It was delicious!
 

And I can't even go into the brownies Ali just made - because we ate them so fast they disappeared before I could take a picture!

I would now like to thank my children for all the wonderful baking they have been doing, and all the unwelcome pounds I have been packing on...   LOL! 

I hope you get the chance to get something creative!

...from Lori @kitchenfunk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!