Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graduation Pennant Banner

One of the projects I have been working on in preparation for G's party is a pennant.  I LOVE pennants!  You can see that I made this teeny tiny one for my office...  And I admired some here... and here...
 * * * * * * * * * * * *
Finally, it was time to create my own full-sized version.  However, I needed certain colors and I needed to be thrifty with my cashola, so...

$46 later I walked out of Joanne's Fabrics with six quarter yard pieces.  ...ahem, yes, I spent that much!!  (I did buy fabric markers for D and some other things)

Sadly, I can NEVER go into Joanne's & spend $10...

Now, because I had only a certain amount of these fabrics, I decided I was going to have to make the flags a little more narrow.  I think they are fine - ignoring that some of them are wider than others... 

Also, Doogie, my creative 14yo suggested I space them out a bit, to stretch the fabric.  This was a great idea, and it looked terrific.  But her idea was so successful at stretching my flags, that I have flags that don't fit!! 


I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

...from Lori@Kitchenfunk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!