Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blister in the Sun


 
Just putting up a quick post. I feel awful that I haven't been crafting!! 
My hands have been itching for activities. 


I have to say that yesterday I was at a golf tournament for work, and while I was there I actually brought fabric and scissors so that I could cut out small squares of fabric for some future project! At least I felt like I was being somewhat creative!


Have you ever been to a golf tournament? I had never been. My mom used to watch them on tv. I never got into it. It turns out they are somewhat fun. Well, if you are a GOLFER. And even then its mostly just the joy of being outside. I swear even the competitive people couldn't hit a barn if I built one right in from of them!


Our company has its own branch of Champions for Children, a 501 (c)(3) that gives money directly to children in our area. Completely non-profit.  If they need things as varied as a pair of shoes or even the cost of a therapist, the money goes straight to the kids. Its a great cause!


Along with lots of other volunteers, I collected donations from local businesses in the days leading up to the event.  We had some great prizes!  


But yesterday, I got to watch paint dry. Actually, I got to watch hole #6. And if anyone made it to the green on that hole, I and my compatriot were to go up to the green and measure the distance of the ball to the hole. Guess what happened... only 3 people made it to the hole on the first stroke, and...


The representative whose company had donated a kindle for the prize for hole #6 WON that prize!! Funny. He gave it back and they did a drawing for it. Very nice.


And you can see above on my header that I HAVE been somewhat creative. I played tonight on the computer and made a new header for myself.


And in case you are wondering, the title of my post tonight refers to the heat pounding down on my garden, which is in sore need of weeding and was almost washed away by the downpour on Monday.  The title is also the name of a Violent Femmes song.  No offense to V.F. lovers, but its not the greatest song.  I just thought the title was appropriate!  

Peace to everyone! 
I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!