Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quilting a quilt

First of all, let me that Rhonda and PC for commenting, and for those who emailed me, about my missing meeting.  Thanks so much for making me feel better.  I think mostly I was embarrassed.  Disappointed, of course, too.  But its all good - there will be other opportunities and I am definitely not short on commitments I need to keep. 

Now, I have been mulling over quilt patterns for weeks.  I have two stashes of fabrics.  One is scraps of colorful fabric, from the Scrap Swap and from my mil, along with some bits and pieces I've picked up. 

The other stash of fabric I started collecting was anything red-white-or-blue, 
single or in combinations of those colors.  


But I don't really want to use this pattern...

I really am excited for those colors, so I keep thinking I'll end up making that one first, but I also think I want to make my first quilt colorful - and keep it simple - by allowing the mixture of patterns and colors to take the eye away from any mistakes I might make!!

This is a great article about choosing a pattern.
And here is another article I enjoyed, mostly because of this sentence:

"Choosing fabric for scrappy quilts is like going on a treasure hunt. You never know what you'll find or where you'll find it."

THIS is a great site: allpeoplequilt

And I'm considering this one:
 But I really like Turning Twenty and the possibilities with that one...

I had found a website that I wanted to use as a reference, but I guess I didn't mark it.  The site made it so I could click on a pattern and it described it (easy, complex, etc).

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!  
I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

1 comment:

  1. If you are going scrappy go with the Turning Twenty. Or for your first one where it doesn't matter if your seams match would be good like this one: http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/07/tutorial-road-trip-quilt.html

    I do like the Turning Twenty one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!