Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quilting


I started to collect some fabrics for <this> quilt I'm going to make.  But I'm trying not to buy all at once, because I want the quilt to be more relaxed than planned.  I just want it to have some movement and I figure that if I buy all of my fabric over a period of one week (very possible! lol), then it could possibly look more stilted.  This way I can add some fabrics to it from scraps and from clothes, and from places other than Joanne's. Which I love, but basically I'm trying to hold out until I'm inspired. 

And this weekend there is a quilt show in Hershey, PA, right by my house.  I'm wondering if they will have fabric for sale in the Merchant's Room.  I've never been to a quilt show.  It is called Quilt Odyssey.  One of the classes they are hosting is the history of quilt marking - this sounds so interesting! 


This quilt above, by Cynthia England, is a sample from a landscape class that Cynthia is going to teach. 

And while the one above is going on this weekend, I'm already putting another one on my calendar:

9/15/2011 - 9/18/2011
Greater Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania

Merchants Mall & Quilt Show

Greater Philadelphia Expo Center100 Station Avenue, Oaks, PA 19456
(GPS Address: 1601 Egypt Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460) 

 Circles of Life, by Linda French

And finally, I just found out about what looks like a fun place to check out:
Quiltmakers Cottage
 Quiltmakers Cottage had the honor of being chosen as one of the “TOP 10” shops
 featured in the Spring issue of Quilt Sampler Magazine!


Where they showcased this:


Boy it looks like I've got a lot to do this weekend!  

I hope you get the chance to be creative this weekend!  
  
I'm looking forward to it!  I want to have something to show!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!