Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wednesday's Woes... I did something stupid.

I know.  I created this to add some fun and creativity to life.  But I need to vent publically.  This seems a better spot than to the people I work with...

This evening after work I had the opportunity to interview for a position on our city's ARTS COUNCIL.  I applied two months ago.  I know the director a little, and one other person on the board, and I like to think they were looking forward to interviewing me. 

The appointment was made 5 weeks ago  
AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT.

I feel like crap.  I can't believe I did this!

I've decided I'm going to at least write them an apology email and thank them for the opportunity to interview, even though I blew it.

I called my husband just now at work (it is midnight) and he succintly said, "Well, look at it this way, at least that is one less thing you will have to worry about."

LOL.  I can't believe I can still laugh about that.  I have to keep that in my head so I don't fall into a funk.  Crud.

Thank goodness work will be heaving lifting tomorrow (restocking the teacher's supplies), maybe it will help take my mind off of it!

Thanks for listening,

~Lori

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lori, when you started to notice you do stupid things...it doesn't means that. I guess you are just to busy with your daily routines and rushing to get everything done. Slow down a bit and your mind will refresh! Take care. love, pc

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I often look at things like this is...I have to believe these things happen for a reason. The Lord must have something better in line for your OR it is possible that He wanted to avoid something/someone that day and he will re-open that door.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!