Friday, April 29, 2011

Quilt Squares with Birds

Though I love to bird watch, I hadn't realized how much I enjoyed birds and bird silhouettes in home decor until recently, when several bloggers were posting things they made which highlighted birds, and I noticed many others had blog logo's with birds in them. Then I realized I have bird figurines in my house, too. I didn't know I had an "almost" theme!


I made these quilt squares, sans quilting yet, last weekend. I visited my sister-in-law for Easter, and she is an amazing crafter and seamstress who has recently taken up quilting. She was showing me some of her out-of-this-world beautiful quilt tops, and I was inspired to put these simple squares together. I only wish I had more of these fabrics. I would love to see an entire quilt done in these colors.

I'm sorry for this awful photo. 
I just could NOT get a good photo tonight.  
I'm blaming the camera and that's all I'm saying.

Making these, sewing skirts like crazy (made another one tonight!), and playing with my blog design, are things I've been doing when I should have been sleeping this week (not kidding, I think I got a total of 20 hours in the past 7 days, lol).

I hope you get the chance to be creative today! 
...but don't forget to sleep!

* * * * * * * *

from Lori@Kitchenfunk
Fresh Poppy Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!