Monday, January 17, 2011

Decorative Notebooks

Decorate a notebook for yourself or for a gift.


I have been busy with a number of new projects, but I probably won't be able to post them for a week because I am going out of town. My mom has been sick and I'm finally getting to visit her. I'm going to try to upload what I can, when I can. But this is a project you can do with your kids even if you have only a few minutes. It is actually a terrific project for adults, as you can see by the links below.


You can see our finished project if you scroll to the end of this post.


I am thinking about taking some of these supplies onto the plane to keep me busy!

First, here are some links to some grown up designs:










You can make this as simple or as elaborate as you like!



You just need to pick up a Composition Notebook, cover it in paper, and get started. You can decorate with scrap booking supplies, rubber stamping, or with shapes you cut out yourself from the paper you have. I have seen people sew on it, use fabric, and use paint. There is no limit!







You can find many creative examples of this online, some very simple and other very elaborate. We just traced the notebook onto the pretty paper and cut it out.





You could add some colorful duct tape from the craft store to cover the binding! You can see that we did not...


Have fun!




1 comment:

  1. That's so pretty! I'll definitely have to do that to all my boring school notebooks =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!