Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Giving the Rice Cooker its second try

Here is the second recipe I have tried for my Rice Cooker. I found this recipe on Food.com. I have still been trying to conquer the basic rice recipe and I have found that adding a little extra water has helped.

Apple Rice Pudding

I wasn't looking for something with this many ingredients but it looked simple enough and of course, delicious, so off I went. Our youngest peeled and diced the apples and we watched it cook together.

It was terrific!

Apple Rice Pudding


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
  • 1 cup short-grain white rice (Carolina Gold is recommended)
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 pinch nutmeg
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla

Combine the first six ingredients. Start the rice cooker and let it roll. When it says it is done, add the remaining ingredients and start the rice cooker again. After it finishes then check the ingredients in the cooker. If it needs to cook again, then go ahead, otherwise add cinnamon and eat.

We didn't have to cook it another time, our apples were diced pretty small. And it tasted wonderful.

One nice thing about the Food.com website is that you can change the number of servings and get an updated recipe.

I'm still not sure if I'll end up loving the rice cooker, but I can see some possibilities. I'll keep you posted!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!