Thursday, February 24, 2011

A little note about silk flowers.
The tutorial from the other day can be found here.
See the difference between these two? The one on the left is flat and not as frilly and curled. You might like that look, but you might want to know how to avoid that flat look, and I don't think I addressed that in my tutorial.

When you hold the silk over the flame, hold it fairly high over it. You just need the heat. If you like a singed edge (which in this color seems to add more depth) then sure, go lower, but BE CAREFUL, of course!

Now, while you hold it higher over the flame you also need to NOT place the edges above the flame. Make sure the fabric, at about a half inch or more, is over the heat. This creates the curls.

I hope this helps as you make your flowers!


I hope you get the chance to be creative today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!