Sunday, February 20, 2011

Proof that my kitchen is FUN and FUNKY!


Two quick and easy crafts to share:

This first is a very quick trick I did with my $18.99 laminator that I bought last week.


I took a piece of scrapbook paper and cut it to the width of the high school lockers. My 16 yr old junior has a locker that she shares with a bunch of her friends. The school is pretty big so they all combine their needs at lockers throughout the school. I made this to be a dry-erase board that they could use to share little hellos throughout the day.

I simply took some alphabet stickers that I found (!) in my craft closet and wrote "smile!" on it, then I laminated it and stuck a piece of magnetic strip onto the back. Done!

Then I took two pieces of the same paper and placed one over the other and laminated them, then I used a straight edge to gently cut open the laminate at the top of the smaller piece of paper, creating a pocket.
Again, a two-minute operation, total. But SO cute.
I used two magnets on the back of the note holder.
Then, while I was talking with a guest at my kitchen table, Dee came to the table with all sorts of craft supplies. She seemed oblivious to the fact that I was at the table with a guest.
She proceeded to put down her sweatshirt and TAKE OFF HER PLAY SHOES...
And, wait for it,
PLACED THOSE STINKY PLAY-SHOES ONTO THE TABLE!

Okay, this was sort of gross. But the finished product was pretty cool. Dee used 6 lengths of embroidery thread and braided herself some new shoe-laces! Though she did put down her sweatshirt to obstensibly "protect' the table.

Here she is looking sweet while she does it... Notice she has tools over the table, along with a glass of milk!!


So this, above, is a quick snapshot of a very small period of the day this weekend. And evidence that my kitchen is full of funk AND fun!

I hope you get the chance to be creative today!
Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!