Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just a little rambling, a little quilting, and a dog pile...

So tonight my small dog was bugging me to play.

I wanted to keep working on the patchwork quilted pillow.


Finally, I couldn't resist anymore, and I ran to my sewing machine. Taking some leftover valentine fabric, I made her a new toy. I stuffed it with scraps of fabric, including an old pocket I had cut off a pair of pants.

Yes, weird that I was saving an old pocket.
But I thought I had a project for it. I didn't, but I still had the pocket. Go figure.

Anyway, here is the toy:


And here she is playing with it:


And here is my big dog playing tug-of-war with the little dog:
They are so cute. Little dog will grab a toy and stand in front of big dog's face (standing, her head is the height of his head when he's laying down). She will then shove the toy into his muzzle, willing him to take it.

Excuse my rambling tonight, but thanks for stopping by. I don't have anything new to show, but I do have works in progress, so at least I'm continuing to create!


This is what I was working on tonight. I have never tried to make a quilt, and I am going to quilt a pillow. It turns out it is challenging to match those darn corners!



I got home from work energized. I tidied up my bedroom - which today meant actually hanging up the clothes I've been meaning to hang up for the past 3 days. I then folded laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. Not a big deal but since I don't have a dishwasher and no one did their dishes last night (it was eat and run night!), I did have washing to do. Then I cleaned off the top of the fridge, which I was using for storage, and I moved the fridge to another part of the room. Of course then I had to sweep and wash the floor. All this was because we are getting our new appliances soon and I am quite excited!!

Well, you know the drill... then I had to make dinner, check up on my Google Reader for my blogs I follow, then I had to do some crafting, and before I knew it, it was 10:30pm!

My night could have been much more busy (I could have had some school functions!), but I have a feeling tomorrow might be a half-caff day, lol. and I rarely drink caffeine, in any amount.

My new job is going great. I still cannot believe how amazingly nice these people are. Its like I've died and gone to heaven. I'm still waiting to be told they had to cut me out of the budget or something!


I'm happy and exhausted, but still creating, so that's good!


I hope you get the chance to be creative tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and blog links here!